Exam day Experience 1


 Exam is Over..yeah

Finally I am done with the exam
Such a relief..
Impressions about the exam: Was not as difficult as I had expected it to be. It was between NBME and Uworld's level of difficulty.
Breaking it questions wise.
About 40 - 50 % Questions were really straight forward.
About 25 to 30 % were of average difficulty.
I found only 5-10 % of the questions extremely difficult.


Subject wise
Anatomy; Kaplan and FA are definitely not enough. Some weird questions which I had no clue about.
Biochem: all question were straight forward. FA is enough.
Genetics: Mostly family trees with questions asking to identify the type or disease with similar inheritance.
Physiology: Almost all questions were somewhat related to hormones, their actions and secondary messengers. Kaplan does a good job for physiology.
Pathology: FA is enough. I had read Goljan but I think most of the question which I had on the exams could be answered even if I had skipped Goljan.
Pharmacology: Very easy. Uworld pharmac questions are harder then the real stuff.
Microbiology: Kaplan does a good job. Most questions had a slide or a picture along with it.
Behavioral science and Bio-stats: This was the most difficult part. Best response type questions had options which were very close and difficult to choose from. Kaplan Qbank represented these questions quite well. I had 2 or 3 questions from Biostats which I had no idea about.
Lots of CT scans and Images..All were easy to identify..

In all the exam is easy.Will post my detailed experience after I get my results..

Comments