99/246!! !!

Books:
Kaplan except for pathology for which I used Goljan and Microbiology for which I read CMMRS once and then FA+uworld notes.
Also read Conrad Fischer's hundred cases.


Kaplan Qbank:
Average 68%
Personally I don't think its that high yield. Yes it helps a lot but I feel that I could have done without it. If you want to save up money than do this one offline. But then again, I did it in the beginning of my prep, didn't do it that well so maybe that's why.

USMLE world:
Average 73%
This is the real thing!!! Some questions are actually tougher than the real deal. The interface is EXACTLY the same as the exam so when I was doing the exam, I felt that I was doing uworld. I did all questions once, used the notes utility that comes with the interface as I am really good at typing which saved alot of time. Then I got those notes printed and would read then again and again. Probably the best qbank available!!!

NBMEs:
NBME form 3: A month before the exam- 540/231
NBME form 5: 2 weeks before the exam- 580/240

I found NBME 5 more difficult than the NBME 3 for some strange reason. I wanted to do 7 but my seniors told me its really difficult and I'll get scared, but now I think I should have, after all we have to face the real exam. Wanted to go through all the other NBMEs offline but didn't get the time. I think one should do that as I had a slide on the exam which was exactly the same as one that I saw on NBME 5.

Other stuff:
USMLE Consult Qbank: I won this one on this wonderful forum. I did all of biostats questions but other subjects were just weird! I did it after uworld yet I was scoring below the average user score!!! It gave me nightmares!!! Then I stopped using it and did an NBME to boast my confidence. I would say it wasted a whole week that I spent in depression!!!

Free 150:
87%
Good for practice, I didn't look up explanations for its questions.

Questions of this forum:
MUST DO!! Believe me or not, I actually had a question on the exam that I saw on this forum just a few days before my exam and I could answer it only because I had read the discussion here.

Actual exam:
Honestly speaking I found it easier than I was expecting. Very few recall. There were repeats, as in questions on the same topic, or I thought so. Micro and Pharma, very straight forward and easy! Physiology very tricky, specially graphs and all those isolated preparations questions. There were very few questions if any that I thought were about something that I didn't know at all.

Best of luck to all you test takers!!! Have faith in yourself and the working formula which is kaplan notes+FA+uworld!

Comments